|Cara Soriano (desertworship) wrote,|
@ 2011-03-10 18:06:00
|Entry tags:||drabbles, dragon, ooc|
APPARENTLY my Dragon is too long (WTF??) so I'm having to split it into two halves. [LINK TO FIRST HALF]
My character list is HERE! :D
(Ones marked with a Ω all exist within the same alternate universe.)
256. Die alone.
257. Asleep at dawn. Pandora/Prometheus
The couch in Prometheus' studio isn't very comfortable, but it at least gives her some place to sleep while she can't go home. Waking in the early hours, traffic and birds just starting to wake outside, Pandora pads over the an untouched lump of clay and considers it.
258. Assassin for hire.
259. Based on a dream.
260. Once upon a December. (Hecate/Demeter Ω)
Hecate may have withdrawn from the battle over America, but Demeter knew that all she needed to do was call for the Titan and she'd be there. In her palace, she drew the dark titan into her bedchambers and undressed her, kissing that pale skin by the light of the moon. She promised her jewels and praise and herself if only Hecate would stay and rule with her, be her true queen. But always Hecate left, and like her ghosts left nothing but a memory behind.
261. Before the next tear falls.
262. The beginning of goodbye.
263. A lonely tomorrow.
264. Beneath the blue. (Hati/Skoll/Greta)
The sky above was blue velvet, dark and heavy and rich, and in the shadow of the moonlit trees, Greta curled herself into the space between the two wolf brothers. Her brothers too now. Her pack. She was already forgetting what it was like to be outside in the world. This was better. This was hers.
265. Better left unsaid.
266. Between a rock and your mother. (Demeter/Hades/Persephone)
267. Beyond the galaxy's walls.
268. Birthing black and white.
269. Blood and moon. (Greta/Skoll)
Shoved back hard against the tree, for a moment Greta couldn't breathe. The bark scraped against her shoulders, leaving long bloody scratches that made Skoll sniff the air and then turn her around. Chest to the tree, her licked at the wounds, yanking up her skirt at the same time. He entered her hard and sudden and she shoved a hand in her mouth to keep from screaming.
270. Blood wars. (Lilith/Naamah)
271. Bribing the Devil. (Lucifer/Agatha)
272. Broken promises and broken hearts.
273. False gold.
274. By midnight's favor. (Osiris/Nephthys)
The first time she finds her husband is unfaithful, it isn't to Isis that Nephthys runs but Osiris. She doesn't tell her older brother about how she knows it to be a failing on her part, or about how she must have somehow driven him away or not been everything that Set needed her to be.
275. By the light of a million stars. (Asteria/Phoebe)
276. Castles in the sky.
277. Catastrophe in the making. (Agatha/Gabriel)
Gabriel's lips against hers burn and tingle and she tells herself that it's okay that she wants him as long as she doesn't act on it. When they wrap their arms around each other there is no sin, when hands runs along bare skin they've done nothing wrong, when all she can think about is how much her body throbs with the want of him they've committed no crime.
278. Crawling nightmare.
279. Crimson orchid.
280. Crown of ivy. (Dionysus/Aphrodite)
Lord of the Forest, she whispered as she placed that ring of ivy upon the head of Dionysus, her naked body pressed against his, the scent of wine in the air. Nymphs moved through the forest around them, praising his name, but Aphrodite made sure he only had eyes for her.
281. Call of the wild. War/Famine
282. Darkness becomes me.
283. Dawn of night.
284. Dawning upon a crimson ruin. (Lilith/Naamah)
285. Death becomes you. (Lyra/Thanatos)
286. Demon tongue.
287. Desolation row. (Kymopoleia/Rhode)
288. Destined jealousy. (Ariadne/Aphrodite)
They met on the beach, two goddesses, one infinitely stronger than the other. They worshiped the blonde here as Ariadne-Aphrodite, making them one and the same, and as Aphrodite looked the woman up and down she didn't see what Ariadne had done to deserve it.
289. Burning star. Aidan/Jade
290. Do you remember the end? (Nephthys/Briseis)
291. Don't look into its eyes. (Poseidon/Medusa)
Everyone turns to death under Medusa's simple gaze, everyone but the very man who deserves it most. Only he can look into her eyes, only he can meet that terrible stare and laugh, and only he - still - can break her down.
292. Dragons in your eyes.
293. Make a wish and toss a penny to the moon.
294. Ecstatic pain.
295. Edge of sanity.
296. Elemental rain.
297. Equinox rising.
298. Ethereal blood.
299. Evening shadows.
300. Exquisite and unforgivable.
301. Face down I cry.
302. Fallen fae.
303. Light step.
304. Faery-eyed child.
305. Fail with honour. Klymene/Aidan
306. A childhood dream. (Kymopoleia/Poseidon)
As a child the sea goddess dances on the tops of her father's crashing waves, chasing him, calling out, Look, father! Look how high! Look how furious!
307. Fields of dust. (Agatha/Sebastian)
There is nothing left but the ashes of pyres long burned down, and the two of them standing together, hand in hand, and without a word.
308. Final breath.
309. Finding infinity.
310. Flame in the twilight. Aidan/Jade
It must have been almost twenty years since Jade had seen Aidan, but he still looked well and attractive despite that time. Jade didn't look - or feel - nearly so well. Sixty-two and dying of liver cancer, Jade smiled over at him from her hospital bed.
311. For the child I will sing. (Orpheus/Calliope)
From birth he knows his mother's voice, as she's always sung to him, even from the very first day she knew she was carrying.
312. Foreign serenade.
313. Lost beginning.
314. Forgotten, not forgiven.
315. Fractured reality.
316. Fragile hearts and candy-coated dreams.
317. Angels among us.
318. Haunting lonely pools. (Demeter/Ligea)
319. Portrait in black. Aidan/Jade
320. Approaching Flood. (The Keres & The Fates)
321. Technological reality.
322. I am the night you die.
323. I believe in God. I can hear him laughing at me.
324. I appeared here to vanish there.
325. I close my eyes and you disappear.
326. I loved you mommy, the day I killed you.
327. I miss who you were…
328. I thought you were alive.
329. I was here two days from now.
330. I wish upon tonight.
331. I write sins, not tragedies. (Agatha/Gabriel)
What they had was a delicate thing that needed to be shielded, needed to be kept secret to be kept safe. Agatha understood that.
332. If looks could kill…
333. Illuminated darkness.
334. Death by imagination.
335. Pierce the sky.
336. Unfathomable truth.
337. Shackles of the mind.
338. Growing fonder.
339. A time to grieve. (Demeter/Ligea)
340. Fire in your eyes. (Prometheus/Jade)
She wasn't an all-powerful goddess, but it didn't take him long at all to learn that she could draw up just as much rage as any Olympian when he chose to piss her off, and that words spat in hatred from the woman he loved hurt far more than any eagle.
341. Tales of long ago. (Demeter & Hephaestus)
Not only does Demeter not like him, but she doesn't trust him either. The smith god leaves her disturbed, unsettled, and the idea of him touching her daughter is unbearable.
342. Live on your toes, love on your knees, die on your feet. (Aidan/Jade)
343. Prisoner in her mind.
344. Hold still, I'm trying to kill you.
345. Breath of the devil. (Lilith/Naamah)
346. The innocent can never last.
347. Too wide to cross.
348. Arrogance and beauty, painted in ugliness…
349. Falseness in acquaintance.
350. Beneath the shade of the Sycamore…
351. One winter's eve. (Anthony & Agatha)
Together two Saints huddle for warmth and watch the snowfall outside their cheap little hotel room. They leave the lights off, the door locked, make their payments in cash. They leave no trace that they're there at all.
352. In the shadow of Mount Gloom. (Demeter/Hades)
I never should have happened. Zeus tried to tell them it would upset the natural balance but he didn't forbid it outright. That was his mistake.
353. Intoxicating the mind.
354. Island of light.
355. It ends tonight. (Set/Nephthys)
They stood on opposite sides of the room, on opposite sides of the war, and when Nephthys raised her head to look at him there was a line of fresh blood across her cheek, spilled from the dead Semitic goddess at her feet who had been one of Set's little playthings. But Nephthys was the only one that was his wife and she had to do this.
356. Jilted dreams. (Kymopoleia/Rhode)
357. Night of fire.
358. Knowledge in death, wisdom in immortality.
359. Liberating release.
360. Life on white wings.
361. A beacon of hope. (Anthony & Agatha)
362. Like shattered glass. (Prometheus/Jade)
With a scream she swept the everything from the bench, coloured glass shattering across the concrete. Prometheus was there before she knew it, pulling her up from the floor where she'd collapsed to her knees, leading her away from everything broken, everything sharp and cutting and left in nothing but pieces.
363. Listless winter.
364. Little girl's downfall. (Asteria/Phoebe)
365. Lonely by candlelight.
366. Silent angels.
367. Gazing out a broken window.
368. You cannot lose what you never had.
369. Blood and tears.
370. Love's pretty follies. (Aphrodite/Eros)
The mortals so curse and adore their work in equal measure, and Aphrodite laughs at all their silly little games. She draws Eros into her lap and from their place high on Olympus the two watch humanity fall all over itself.
371. The gift of lucidity. (Dionysus/Aphrodite)
In the darkest hours for the wine god, Aphrodite's embrace could be far more tender than he might remember. No passion, no games, merely the offer of pure love to guide him back to the man that he had been before.
372. Mint and lilac.
373. Missing Heaven and roses.
374. Mother Earth's last stand.
375. How do I/we/you say goodbye?
376. Where does the sky end?
377. Breathtaking innocence. (Hathor/Andres)
Even for a mortal of his age the boy appears naive, but Hathor thinks it something of a compliment. She finds his innocence refreshing in a world where innocence seems increasingly hard to retain. He's a sweet child and when she watches him out in the garden, trying to avoid the crocodiles while he weeds for her, Hathor cannot help but smile.
378. Dangerous stranger.
379. Lost in dreams.
380. Found in reality.
381. Forgotten sanctuary. (Shesmu and Osiris)
Duat leaves them both unsettled and in that abandoned place the demon god finds himself drawing closer and closer to Osiris, needing the leadership he knows that only the king of the dead can provide him.
382. Treacherous deceit.
384. Disenchanted crystal.
385. Laughing at the moon.
386. Yesterday's tomorrow.
387. Future of the past.
388. Supernova. (Aidan/Jade)
389. Whispers in the dark.
390. Letters from nowhere.
391. The one no one sees.
392. Beautiful disaster.
393. Passionate desires.
394. Remnants of darkness.
395. The bitterness of mortality. (Aidan/Jade)
396. An exquisite extreme unknown.
397. More Heaven than a heart could hold.
398. Flames of disaster.
399. Miraculous discovery.
400. Trusting in a soul.
401. Twilight surrender.
402. When love turns to hate.
403. Lost and alone. (Briseis)
404. When the river runs dry.
405. Lapping at the shores of sleep.
406. Landing among the stars. (Asteria/Phoebe)
407. Reaching for the moon.
408. When stillness descends.
409. On the brink of forever.
410. Clinging to the edge of control. (Achilles/Briseis)
411. Abandoned resistance.
412. Eyes within the Heart.
413. Heart within the eyes. (Peitho/Hephaestus)
414. When forever fades away.
415. Grave acceptance.
416. Flying amidst a rainbow.
417. Falling from a cloud.
418. Alone with forever.
419. Sunrise upon a soul. (Shesmu and Osiris)
420. Prisms of a fragmented whole. (Euterpe/Thalia)
They don't really look all that alike, Music and Comedy, but when Euterpe looks at her sister across the crowd she can see every single one of them in bright-haired Thalia. Each of them is only part or Nine, no matter how far apart they are.
421. A glittering cavern.
422. Disembodied voices.
423. Dancing beneath the moon.
424. Dancing on the water.
425. Gliding over glass.
426. A tale rewritten.
427. Exiled child.
428. Letters and vowels, spinning and tiles.
429. I'll try violence. (Shesmu)
At fourteen his daughter comes home from school and tells him that one of the boys had tried to kiss her and she didn't like it. Shemu's little girl - his child, his flesh and blood - had been touched and hurt by some mortal.
430. Who named the stars?
431. Mysterious beyond.
432. Ocean tears. (Kymopoleia/Rhode)
433. Sleepy death. (Lyra/Thanatos)
She'd had to go into work overnight and so when Lyra returned home in the early morning light, Thanatos was still sleeping. She smiled at him from the doorway before shedding her clothes and slipping into the bed beside him.
434. Sea bed. (Kratos/Ariel)
He was Strength, so of course he'd laughed when the mermaid though she was more powerful. But then they kissed on the edge of the water and she wrapped powerful arms around him and dragged him down. And though he fought as much as he could, violently and for his life, she laid him down on the bottom of the ocean.
435. Whispering nightmare.
436. Bound by silence.
437. A twinkle in the night.
438. A waking slumber.
439. See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
440. My lips are sealed.
441. Sometimes it is better not to follow your own destiny.
442. An invitation to Heaven.
443. Attacked by a dream.
444. Caressed by a nightmare. (Ariel/Kymopoleia)
Poseidon should have known better than to let the two of them in a room together, the mermaid and the sea goddess, both with more of a taste for bringing men down than was entirely healthy. Together they just encouraged each other, made their crimes more violent, more beautiful.
445. The ravages of time.
446. Ancient tale.
447. Faces in the clouds.
448. Ripped apart. (Eros/Aphrodite)
Aphrodite didn't want to do it, but her son had finally left her no choice.
449. The end of something better - The beginning of something worse.
450. The space between.
451. Look beyond.
452. Edge of the knife.
453. A human voice.
454. Dream the impossible.
455. Forgotten roads.
456. Flowers in the ashes.
457. A bitter pill. (Hades/Demeter)
"You are cold and dead inside," Hades had told her, and it was those words spoken by her most beloved brother than broke her heart more than anything else.
458. Another fine mess.(Malphas/Sitri)
What some people failed to understand was that Malphas was the only one allowed to hurt Sitri.
459. The life inside. (Greta)
The child within her grows, but Greta says nothing to anyone about it. She whispers to it at night though, terrified of whatever it might turn into but unable to make herself get rid of it. It's an innocent, whoever it belongs to.
460. Still crossroads. (Medea)
The crossroads had always belonged to her dark lady and for each night of her first month in America, Medea had gone to one of them and spilled her blood. Thirty nights she waited for Hecate but all she got was silence.
461. Frozen bridges.
462. Fear of the fall.
463. Illusions of the darkness.
464. Sacrificial tension.
465. Path of a child.
466. Imitation of life.
467. Behind the mirror.
468. Through the fire.
469. Echoes of bondage.
470. Freedom in chains. (Huitzi/Demeter Ω)
It can't be ideal for him, but it is the best he'll be allowed. The Aztec should be grateful that he was allowed to live when so few others have survived to see the new world built by the Greeks.
471. Parting regrets.
472. Something unheard of. (Eisheth & Zepar)
The power plays still existed and they were still beings as selfish as they ever were. And yet... that strange (bastardly) affection had crept in somehow and when Zepar was to be beheaded for his crimes against Satan, Eisheth could not keep herself silent.
473. Hidden tales. (Prometheus/Jade)
He wears his scars on the outside and Jade runs her fingers across them in the darkness, reassuring him that they don't disgust her. She likes every part of him, the good and the bad, and the horrors of his past don't frighten her.
474. Laughter of the ages.
475. Frozen fire. (Huitzi/Demeter Ω)
The winters are still cold but Huitzilopochtli makes them far more tolerable. He becomes Demeter's sunshine when ice seems to cover the world. He reminds her that there is still warmth and, in time, Demeter reminds him too that she is not only cruelty.
476. White shores.
477. Lights out.
478. Liquid sunset. (Huitzi/Demeter Ω)
"I will do anything you wish," the Aztec had told her, and Demeter had just stroked his cheek gently, soaking in that burning light within him. It had taken so long to make him hers this completely but now that he was, Demeter was tempted to give him his freedom.
479. Silver glass.
480. When words fail.
481. A death of a thousand screams. (The Keres & The Fates Ω)
Wars of men can last for decades, but the wars of Gods are eternal. In the northern most city of this country The Fates have made their home and from that palace - free agents acting on their own impulses and ruled by no king or queen - they divide our the lives of men and gods alike.
482. Those who do not remember the past.
483. When laughter's lost in peaceful silence. (Thanatos/Lyra)
484. The sands of time.
485. When death's lips left mine. (Hades/Demeter)
She remembers that one kiss their shared, that night of the banquet when they were both so young and free, when their father was defeated and all things seemed possible. She remembered that Hades had taken her into his arms and kissed her then and she'd sighed into it, feeling something she never had before.
487. When Earth dies.
488. When worlds collide.
489. A mortal's forever.
490. Flight of disaster.
491. When tomorrows run out.
492. Kisses of a night terror.
493. Dashed against a rock.
494. Invisible defender. (Kratos/Hecate Ω)
He and his siblings are pledged only to Zeus, but there are commands of his own that he follows. Their Titan cousin has joined with no one - something that infuriates the Storm Bringer and puts her in danger.
495. The tattered, the torn.
496. All that is wild, all that is free
497. A tangle of joy and of grief
498. To liberate night from the day
499. I’m everywhere and nowhere
500. A dangerous spark is alight
501. A frenzied and wild exchange
502. Where all that was certain is strange
503. The only thing constant is change
504. Love has brought me to this shore (Peitho Ω)
Peitho had always thought that she'd make a wonderful queen, and now here in Hermes' city she was finding out that that was very much the case. She wore a crown not so much because it was required but because she looked amazing.
505. Shifting line between dream and illusion
506. I offer a dark love
507. Ancient is the world below
508. A terrible beauty
509. Will our history crush us?
510. Time passes on by and the way we love changes (Hades/Demeter Ω)
511. You sing the saddest song
512. Illusion of this bliss
513. Hungered for a tender touch (Peitho/Hephaestus)
He needed love so badly and Peitho would never deny the blacksmith that. She would give him her lips, her hands, her whole form. But if Hephaestus ever said that he loved her, Peitho could do nothing but leave him.
514. Anything is better than to be alone
515. My place among the ashes.
516. Reading battle plans behind my back
517. Slowdancing in a minefield
518. A love of twisted symmetry
519. Swimming with some beautiful sharks
520. Every trick and sleight of hand
521. Still here underneath my skin
522. Meet me on the dark side (Hecate/Demeter Ω)
523. Our chains were meant to break
524. You should see my scars
525. Variations on your violence War/Famine
526. A masochistic lamb to slaughter
527. Something pure and true
528. Silent undoing
529. Another flashing chance at bliss
530. The moon is full but the darkness knows (Hecate/Demeter Ω)
531. When a tornado meets a volcano
532. Ghosts of all my lovely sins (Peitho/Hermes)
The dead girl wouldn't leave their apartment and Peitho blamed it entirely on Hermes. Yes, it would have made life difficult if the girl had gone to the press about their relationship - what with her being fifteen and he being a senator - but surely Hermes could have found another way.
533. Painted up your secrets
534. You got me like a loaded gun
535. Sweet misery
536. Innocence looks good on you
537. Love and sex and loneliness (Achilles/Briseis)
They hurt each other.
538. Stranger than your sympathy
539. Truth is so complicated
540. Home is a sadness, not a place